Impress meat-eating mates with a vegan cake.
Makes 2x 26ins
For the cake
260g brown sugar
200g all purpose flour
8tbsp cocoa powder
2tsp bicarbonate of soda
320ml coconut milk
8 tbsp coconut oil
2tbsp vanilla extract
Little extra coconut oil to grease cake tins
For the frosting & decorating
2 medium avocados
5tbsp agave nectar
4tbsp cocoa powder
3tbsp coconut oil
1tbsp vanilla extract
5-6tbsp seedless raspberry jam
Fresh raspberries for decoration
Grated chocolate for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease 2x15cm (6in) cake tins and line the bottoms with baking paper. Dust with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Sift the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mix and pour in the milk, coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide between the prepared tins (grease them with the coconut oil).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Now for the frosting. In a blender throw in the avocados, agave nectar, cocoa powder, coconut oil and vanilla, and blitz until smooth.
- When the cakes are cooked let them cool (about 30 minutes). Once cool spread the frosting and some raspberry jam on top of one of the cakes. Then layer on top of the other other cake and cover in the rest of the frosting. Add the raspberries and grated chocolate for decoration.
*** recipe adapted from www.supergoldenbakes.com