This is a perfect post-workout breakie/brunch dish. It looks naughty but it’s packed with protein and good fats – win/win!
4 Cumberland pork sausages (or any other big meaty sausage)
Large handful of mushrooms
Handful of cherry tomatoes
2 avocados 1/2 lemon (squeeze for the juice)
1/2tbsp chilli powder Truffle oil
Handful of spinach leaves
Handful of cashew nuts
Sliced bread (as many as you like, depending on how ravenous you are)
Blob of coconut oil
1.5tbsp garlic powder or garlic salt
- Pop the sausages in the oven. Leave for as long as they need to be cooked all the way through.
- In a blender throw in the avocado (obviously peeled and without the stone), the chilli power, lemon juice, and handfuls of cashews and spinach. Also chuck in small punch of salt. Then blitz.
- In a frying pan heat up a blob of coconut oil, then chuck in the sliced mushrooms, tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle on some garlic salt or garlic powder. Cook until mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Toast the slices of bread and drizzle with truffle oil. No more than one tablespoon worth on each slice.
- Smoother the avo mash on the toast, then top it with the fried mushrooms and tomatoes. When sausage is cooked, cut up into small pieces add on top of the toast’s stack of ingredients, et voila!
- Feel free to add tomato ketchup, but not too much – you don’t want to add too much sugar to the dish.
Extra: For egg and dairy eaters, add a poached egg to the dish for that extra protein hit.